3264 Cahuenga Blvd West, Studio City, CA 90068
Mon - Sunday 10.00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sports massage was developed to help athletes prepare their bodies for optimal performance, recover after a big event, or function well during training. However, you don't have to be an athlete to benefit from sports massage. Sports massage emphasizes prevention and healing of injuries to the muscles and tendons and can be beneficial for people with injuries, chronic pain or restricted range of motion. The therapist might use Swedish massage to stimulate circulation of blood and lymph fluids, and trigger point therapy to break down adhesions (knots in the muscles), and stretching to increase the range of motion.
There are four types of sports massages:
– Pre-event sports massage: a short, stimulating massage 15-45 minutes before the event. It is directed toward the parts of the body that will be involved in the exertion.
– Post-event sports massage: given within an hour or two of the event, to normalize the body's tissues.
– Restorative sports massage: given during training to allow the athlete to train harder and with less injury.
– Rehabilitative sports massage: aimed at alleviating pain due to injury and returning the body to health.
Benefits of sport massage:
– Restore body for optimal sport performance
– Recover body after big event or excessive training
– Emphasize injuries prevention
– Healing from muscles and tendons injuries
– Healing from Chronic Pain
– Healing from rang of motion
A full range upscale spa in Studio City specializing in
Massage, Body Scrub, Stone Applications and Aromatherapy.
To find out more, call us !